Careers with In class today
In Class Today (“ICT”) is a fast-growing education startup that translates cutting-edge behavioral science and education research by Harvard professor Todd Rogers into a service that benefits public school districts and the students and families they serve. ICT is a small startup, which means the work is highly collaborative. ICT is on pace to increase attendance among at-risk students by more than 1,000,000 days by 2020. ICT serves diverse communities and is committed to having a diverse team. Note: We are only able to hire people who are eligible to work in the United States without needing visa sponsorship.
We are not currently hiring; however, we anticipate hiring additional Project Managers and Data Analysts (see descriptions, below) during the 2017/2018 school year. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your information on file and reach out when that time comes.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Project Manager position involves a wide portfolio of work. For example, the Project Manager will assist the management of school/district partnerships, the collection of data, mail vendors and the mail production process, expense tracking, strategic and operations research, and summary impact statements.
The Project Manager position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in growing into a senior position, or eventually pursuing advanced degrees. Past employees of ICT cofounder Todd Rogers have gone on to earn higher degrees (e.g., MBA, MPP, and PhD) at universities including Harvard, Chicago, Yale, Penn, and Stanford. They have also gone on to roles at consultancies and philanthropies.
Project Manager should have a combination of the following skills:
- Comfort in, and familiarity with, public K-12 schools (preferably experience teaching or working with under-resourced communities)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, which involves:
- Collaborating with multiple key stakeholders
- Communicating with a variety of audiences about each project
- Managing multiple work streams and timelines per project
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve on the spot
- Strong writing, editing, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a highly collaborative team
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills quickly on the job
- Bilingual in English and either Spanish or Mandarin a plus
- Comfort with statistical analysis and software a plus (e.g., SPSS, Stata, or R)
Basic Requirements: BA/BS degree. MA or PhD a plus.
ICT is headquartered in San Francisco and the position very likely requires relocating to the Bay Area. Working in Cambridge/Boston, MA (near professor Rogers) is feasible in the short-term, if the intermediate-term plan involves moving to the Bay Area. Some travel may be required.
The Data Analyst position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in growing into a senior position, or eventually pursuing advanced degrees, particularly in quantitative fields. Past employees of ICT cofounder Todd Rogers (a professor at Harvard) have gone on to earn higher degrees (e.g., MBA, MPP, and PhD) at universities including Harvard, Chicago, Yale, Penn, and Stanford. They have also gone on to roles at consultancies and philanthropies.
This position focuses on all things data, with the bulk of the work being randomization and analysis of large-scale field experiments conducted in school districts across the country. Data come from school district student information systems, and analysts are responsible for cleaning, manipulating, and managing all data in a secure and timely manner.
Data Analysts should have a combination of the following skills:
- Experience managing, analyzing, and manipulating large datasets
- Experience handling sensitive data securely
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, preferably with a focus on randomized field experiments
- Proficiency using statistical software (R or Stata strongly preferred)
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly on the job
- Ability to work with a small, diverse, and highly collaborative research team
- Strong understanding of experimental design
- Comfort in, and familiarity with, K-12 schools and colleges are a plus but not required
- Programming (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl) skills are a plus but not required
- Proficient with Amazon EC2 a plus
- Basic Requirements: BA/BS degree. MA or PhD a plus
Finalists may be asked to submit writing samples or transcripts, and may be asked to perform a data analysis simulation. Position could begin immediately.
In Class Today provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.